Creating a business with multiple owners is difficult. At times, the owners want to go in different directions and they cannot resolve their dispute amicably. Often times this is because business owners at the start of a new enterprise fail to plan on what happens if they decide to part ways.
The Michels Law Firm has successfully represented many clients in a variety of shareholder and partnership disputes. These range from so-called “business divorces” between business partners to complex lawsuits involving control over of family owned businesses. Here are some of the matters we handle:
- Dissolution and winding down a business
- Disputes between shareholders over management and control
- Breach of shareholder agreements
- Mismanagement of company assets by the officers and directors
- Usurpation of company business opportunities by owners
- Attempts to force out a partner, shareholder, or member